I am dipping my toe into the world of eating vegan. I have decided to eat as vegan as possible mainly for health reasons but also for environmental reasons.
I first thought that ‘being vegan’ would be ridiculously difficult and I would feel like I am depriving myself all of the time. However once I looked into it I realised that there are so many choices!
Today I started the day with vegan porridge – this was made simply with:
1/2 a cup of porridge oats and 1 cup of oat milk – heat for about 2-3 minutes or until thick enough.
It is literally that simple!
To make the basic vegan porridge more tasty, try one of these 5 different combinations to add taste and texture:
- A spoon of peanut butter, a chopped banana and a few walnuts (put in before heating).
- Some sliced apple, a few chopped dates and a sprinkle of cinnamon (put in before heating).
- Some chopped dried apricots and sprinkle of ginger (put in before heating).
- After heating add some blueberries and chopped strawberries.
- For a treat once cooked add a square of vegan dark chocolate (THIS is my favourite) and some sultanas.
I had the peanut butter, banana & walnut porridge this morning and is was simply delicious – complete comfort food. It was definitely a good choice to banish the winter blues away. I made this in my big Emma Bridgewater Pasta Bowl – one of my favourites.
I will be adding some more Vegan Breakfasts soon, so come back to find some more inspiration.
NB: If you purchase via the links on this page I will get a very small % which goes towards the running costs of this website. This is not a sponsored post and I have no links with the owner of the product. It really is a product that I have and use and would like to recommend.